This correspondence provides information required by your chapter for the 2012 Eastern Province Officers Workshop scheduled for August 25, 2012 in Lynchburg, VA. It is very important that you read and comply with all instructions and deadlines to ensure that your chapter is properly registered for the Officers Workshop. Board members, please ensure that your undergraduate and alumni chapters have this information.
Alumni Chapter Officers Reports for the 2012-2013 fraternal year were due on June 30, 2012. Undergraduate Chapter Officers Reports for the 2012-2013 fraternal year are due on October 30, 2012. For your convenience, a copy of the Collegiate and Alumni Officers Report Form is on the Eastern Province Web site. If you miss your deadline, you are required to submit a $25 late fee to International Headquarters.
The following chapter officers are required to attend the Eastern Province Officers Workshop on August 25, 2012:
Polemarch Keeper of the Exchequer
Vice Polemarch MOIP Coordinator
Keeper of Records Chapter Advisor
Registration for the workshop is a two-step process.
- Complete and submit the electronic registration form located here: http://epkapsi.org/form/view.php?id=3 not later than August 12, 2012.
- Based on the amount calculated by the registration form, submit the total amount to the Province Keeper of the Exchequer not later than August 12, 2012.
Each Brother attending the workshop must pay a $35.00 registration fee to cover hospitality on Friday, lunch on Saturday, and other incidentals. All fees must be paid by August 12, 2012. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Registrations received after August 12th, the late registration fee is $50. All payments should be made via PayPal. Chapters should submit one payment for all attendees. If you have questions or need to make other payment arrangements, please contact Brother James “Ronny” Hyman at 804-512-1933 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. The PayPal account is under email@example.com.
The workshop will be held at the Central Virginia Community College, 3506 Wards Road, Lynchburg, VA 24502. This is a one day workshop. However, some Brothers may want to stay overnight due to the workshop starting at 8:00 am and/or to attend the Province Board meeting on August 24, 2011 starting at 7 pm.
IMPORTANT: (IF YOU PLAN TO STAY OVERNIGHT)
- Hotel: Spring Hill Suites, 15171 Wards Road, Lynchburg, VA 24502
- Reservations: All room reservations must be made on or before Tuesday, July 24, 2011 at 5 p.m. Call the hotel at 434-237-5848 and ask for the Kappa Alpha Psi group rate.
- Room Rate: The room rate is $119.00 per room. Brothers are asked to check-in by 6:00 pm.
PLEASE NOTE: Dress for the Board meeting is coat and tie. Attire for the workshop is Kappa Kasual.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-257-1911. The agenda for the workshop will follow in a separate email.
- Deadline to reserve your hotel room: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 – See below for more information.
- Deadline for payment and registration form is August 12, 2011! Late fee is $50.
- Attire for Officers Workshop is Kappa Kasual
- There will be a province Board of Directors meeting on Friday, August 19, 2011 at 7pm. Coat and Tie required.
The deadline for making room reservations for the Eastern Province Officers Workshop is July 19th. The hotel is the Comfort Inn Hotel and Conference Center, 4500 Crain Highway, Bowie, MD. Located at intersection of US RT 50 & MD 3/301.
Make reservations by calling 301-464-0089 (fax is 301-805-5563) in the name of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity.